Slater’s Tree Care offers professional tree trimming service and tree pruning service throughout Santa Rosa and Sonoma County.
When pruning or trimming, we consider the structural integrity of the tree, the tree’s shape and appearance and the safety of the people and structures around and under it.
Tree trimming and pruning are both important to the health and beauty of trees. The terms are often confused and used interchangeably, but these services are not the same.
Trimming is focused primarily on aesthetics.
While pruning also helps enhance a tree’s shape and beauty, the task is primarily focused on the tree’s future health.
Benefits of Tree Pruning
When local tree trimming services provide professional pruning, it can save problematic trees instead of completely removing them from a property. There are numerous reasons why pruning trees is beneficial:
- Tree Health. Pruning takes away branches that are diseased, dead or broken from otherwise viable trees. Pruning some of the healthy branches improves air circulation within the canopy and allows the tree to absorb more sunlight.
- Safety. A professional tree pruning service also helps prevent trees from being damaged during a storm. This is particularly useful if the tree is located near structures, along walkways, driveways and other structures. Pruning also helps when long hanging branches cause inconvenience to home or property owners.
- Structural Integrity and Aesthetics. Pruning can help ensure that a young tree grows to have an ideal branch architecture and proper structural integrity. This minimizes the need for structural support for the tree as it develops.
Tree Pruning Service Techniques
- Crown Thinning removes selected branches to increase light penetration and air movement through the crown. It opens the tree’s foliage, reduces the load on heavy limbs, and helps retain the tree’s natural shape.
- Crown Raising removes the lower branches of a tree in order to provide clearance for buildings, vehicles, pedestrians, and vistas.
- Crown Reduction reduces the size of a tree—typically the height. This is often done around utility lines. Pruning back the leaders and branch terminals to lateral branches reduces the height or spread of a tree. When compared to topping, reduction helps maintain the form and structural integrity of the tree.
- Crown Cleaning removes crowded, dead, dying, diseased or weakly attached branches from a tree crown.
- Crown Thinning reduces the wind-sail effect of the crown. This can improve the structural beauty of the trunk and branches as well as improve plant growth under the tree by increasing light penetration.
Tree Trimming Service
Trees need proper care to maintain health and beauty, and also benefit the air quality and climate. Slater’s provides tree trimming service for both residential and commercial properties in Sonoma County.
Advantages of Proper Tree Trimming
Slater’s Tree Care utilizes proper crown reduction and other tree trimming service techniques on all projects. Benefits of our tree trimming services include:
- Controls the size and shape of the tree
- Improves safety around structures and thoroughfares
- Removes damaged, dead or decaying branches
- Promotes tree growth
- Increases the quality of timber, flowers, or fruit
- Lengthens time period before pruning is needed again
- Reduces the effects of light loss or extreme shading
Trimming can improve the health, safety and appearance or your trees. Trees in the forest grow well with only nature’s help, but landscaped trees require a higher level of care to maintain their safety and aesthetics.
Remember, not all local tree trimming services are alike. Don’t trust your trees’ health and beauty to unqualified providers. If you need tree pruning service, tree trimming service, crown reduction, stump removal and others, contact Slater’s Tree Care for a free quote for your next project.